Kensington Dragons Results 19 February 2017

Could it be that the worst of the winter is behind us as the Dragons triumphantly took to their various pitches lead by the resilient U11s who won their first match:

The Dragons are starting a new team for 8-11 year old girls. Interested parties should phone the Hon Sec on 07860 459178 for information

The Firsts beat league leaders Deportivo Galacia 3-0 at home. The Dragons got off to a challenging start with their gaol keeper stuck in traffic and started with their striker in goal. It was not until the 45th minute that a low left foot struck the ball into the bottom left of Deportivo’s unfortunate net to make it 1-0 at half time. The second half saw the Dragons up the tempo, creating waves of chances to score twice more before an unfortunate sending of reduced the Dragons to ten brave players who held out for a fantastic win.

The Reserves lost 3-5 away to LPOSSA. The Dragons started slowly against their very experienced opponents to concede 3 quick goals. After half time and a deep breath the Dragons came back with energetically but unfortunately two individual mistakes costed them another 2 goals. At 0-5 down most teams would have collapsed but not the Dragons who fought back to 3-5 before the final whistle stopped their almost amazing comeback.

The U11s WON 5-3 away to St Joseph’s despite missing their gaolie and centre back in a quite magnificent display of good humoured fortitude and skill. The Dragons have come of age

The U12s had no fixture so played a friendly against the U13s. This was a challenge for both sides as the U12s had to play an 11 a-side game with only had 9 players whilst the U13s were missing most of their players who were on half term breaks. The match was great fun with the U12s scoring first rom a brilliant free kick but they then lost concentration to make it 1-1 at half time. The U12s came back to make it 3-1 before the U13s punished them with a goal to leave it at 3-2.

 The U13s had closed off the date as their players were mostly on holiday but rose to a last minute challenge from the U12s for a friendly and pulled together a scratch team.  

The U14As had no game.

 The U14Bs beat Kodak by an astonishing 14-1 at the Scrubbs. One would assume the Dragons would walk away with the divisional title but they have a contender who has also won every match. There remain tense times to come.

The U15s had no game

The U17s beat Tufnell Park  2-1 at home. With half term and other inconveniences the Dragons had a bare 11 payers for this difficult match as they  aimed to secure 4 wins from their last 4 games in this very competitive league. The first half was won on points by the Dragons who with good crisp passing and movement created a couple of good chances but were wasteful in front of goal and also had a goal ruled offside.  The second half saw the Dragons press Tufnell right from the kick off and immediately forced an error to score only for Tufnell to equalise. The Dragons regained the lead and then held out resiliently to secure a tremendous win.

The U18s beat Willesden Constantine 5-1 at home. This was the second match for the Dragons since rebuilding their squad and the team performed brilliantly outplaying Willesden from start to finish.

The new U10s continue to train in preparation to joining the League.