Kensington Dragons Results W/E 12 March 2017

Fellow Dragons

There was pulsating excitement over the weekend:

The Dragons are starting a new team for 8-11 year old girls. Interested parties should phone the Hon Sec on 07860 459178 for information

The U11s demolished Ickenham 5-1 at home in a tremendous advert for resilience. The Dragons had endured months of learning their trade in the face of intense competition from sides which had been playing together for years. The Dragons have stuck to their last and over the last few weeks have been playing increasingly good football. Against Ickenham it all came together and during a rampant 20 minutes overcame them to score four times to run away with the match.

The U12s match with Harrow St Marys was called off as HSM could not raise a side leaving the Dragons to claim the 3 points.
The U13s beat Wealdstone 3-2 away. The Dragons were 3-0 up at half time but slipped out of control as Wealdstone attacked to pull back 2 completely “rubbish” goals. The game ended tensely 3-2 in the Dragons favour but they knew they should have run the show.

The U14As drew 1 -1 with league leaders Pitshanger away in an exceptionally tight match. Halfway through the 1st half Pitshanger  edged ahead when they capitalised on a shabby clearance. The Dragons never give up and a great strike from the edge of the box curled past a bunch of Pitshanger players to end up in the bottom right corner of their net. It was pretty much a grudge match from then on in with both teams grabbing a few chances, but mostly cancelling each other out, to leave it a 1-1 draw.

The U14Bs just lost 1-2 against  the Eagles at home. The Dragons went two down but had the lion’s share of chances in the first half. They pulled one back with a stunning free kick just before the break to set the game on a knife edge. In the second half the Dragons battered the Eagles, despite their cynical tactics, but just could not get that goal. The Dragons in-form striker injured in last week’s  match was sadly missed.

The U15s lost 1-3 against Pitshanger away. Despite injuries forcing the Dragons to play with 10 players on a heavy pitch they finished the first half 1-1. The Dragons continued to frustrate Pitshanger up to the last five minutes when Pitshanger scored from an off side and then, horror of all horrors, scored again from an offside position. All in all however the Dragons had done very well.

The U17s will be awarded 3 points as London Tigers forfeited the game. The Tigers are making a habit of pulling out of matches immediately before the scheduled start. Irritating and discourteous

The U18s beat table toppers Hendon at home 3-2 in a feisty game. Hendon had won 17 of their last 18 matches and looked in distain at the bare 11 Dragons players without a recognised goalkeeper. On paper Hendon had won before the game started. Pundits however would have overlooked the almost magical qualities of the Dragons management team who look upon hopeless challenges with unbounded optimism. The brave Dragons simply refused to be cowed and to the shock of Hendon pulled through to win.

The 1st Team just lost to CB Hounslow 0-1 at home. After a good last 3 weeks the Dragons started brightly but this was short lived as an error in defence allowed Hounslow’s striker to beat the keeper. The Dragons then had the lion’s share of possession but were prevented from scoring by the framework and several saves from the opposition keeper.

 The Reserves had no game.

The new U10s continue to train in preparation to joining the League.