Results W/E 29th January 2023

The U17 Boys came from behind to beat Hendon 4-2 at home. After a disorganised first half, the Dragons trailed by 2 but then followed their coach’s instructions to put Hendon under huge pressure. The result: a complete turnaround and a four-goal second half. The Dragons’ new January signing scored a hat trick on his Dragons debut.

The U16 Boys had their away match against Hillingdon Abbots postponed due to a reportedly ‘unplayable pitch’. The Dragons sportingly offered their own, but the Abbots declined. Some conspiracists wondered why.

The U15 Boys lost 1-6 to Old Actonians at home. A tough match for the Dragons who were missing key players including their No.1 goalie due to sickness. The Dragons never stopped battling however despite their difficulties.

The U14 Boys thumped Larkspur Rovers 12-0 at home. The Dragons scored almost every goal possible as they registered a dozen against a frail Larkspur side. From corners to crosses, penalties to toe pokes, the Dragons scored them all.

The U13 Boys lost away to Titans on a huge artificial pitch. The Dragons seldom venture as far north as Watford so there was some intrinsic geographical interest in the fixture. The first 20 minutes were cagey, but competitive, with neither side scoring. The Titans then opened leaving the Dragons to create superb opportunities but somehow just not managing to score.

The U12 Boys beat Kinja 5-3 away. The Dragons were 2 goals down towards the end of the first half when the Coaches changed tactics, sent on reinforcements, and changed the game which resulted in a huge Dragons performance to win. There remains some post match controversy as Kinja reported the wrong result but truth will eventually prevail.

The New U11 Boys beat Kodak 2-1 at home. Dragon fans were understandably nervous with a new management and goalie in place against top-rated Kodak. The Dragons however showed tremendous team spirit in this well natured but competitive match. There was a slight tailing off at the beginning of the second half, but the Dragons pulled themselves together to eventually win. Kodak were devastated.

The U10s trained in preparation for entering the League.

The U12 Girls drew 2-2 with Alexandra Park at home. As is becoming the norm with these young Dragons, the game was full of entertainment with fantastic football on display. The Dragons made a comeback after trailing at half time.

The U13 Girls lost away on dreaded penalties to Barnet Nightingales in the Cup. The scoring stopped at half time as each side netted one apiece to set up a tense second half. With full time ending 1-1 it was on to penalties which, alas, ended 1-4 to Barnet.

The U14 Girls beat Ruislip Rangers 5-1 at home. The Dragons dominated the first half with some good technical play and were unlucky to have conceded just before half time. The second half started well with Ruislip Rangers’ goalkeeper making save after save – but the Dragons stormed the castle with the introduction of a new left-sided player scoring on her debut.

The U15 Girls beat the Heart of Teddlothian 5-0 in the Cup. The Dragons have reached the semi-finals in style with their five goals. The Dragons dominated with shots on target resulting from great teamwork and good communication.

The U17 Girls were beaten 0-4 at home to Actonians in the Cup. The Dragons were on the unlucky side despite playing well and trying to grab the Cup game by the scruff of its neck.

The Firsts lost 1-3 to Bush Hill Rangers away in the quarter final of the Middlesex Intermediate Cup. This was an exciting match for many of the wrong reasons. The result does not of course effect the League position.

The Blues just lost 1-2 away to Sporting Duet Academy in the quarter final of the Middlesex Junior Cup. The Blues always compete but just managed to let the match slip away.

The Old Dragonians just lost 1-2 to Hare and Hounds at home. In a game that the Old Ds were chomping at the bit to win, the visitors got an all-important second goal to leave with the three points.