Kensington Dragons FC Results W/E 22 October 2017

Fellow Dragons

The Dragons Girls not only turn up bang on time but also win matches convincingly:

The Girls beat Old Actonians 5-0 at home in a thrilling display of verve, ambition and increasing skill in a good natured well refereed game.

The U11s beat Magix 2-0 away at Wormwood Scrubs in a competitive, tense encounter. The Dragons scored first and then held on for dear life defending their goal  before being rewarded with an extra goal as a bonus towards the end.

The U12s lost to London Eagles away in a most peculiar but well-mannered match. The Dragons all played well and man for man were a match for the well drilled Eagles. The difference was that every time the Eagles had an opportunity to score they took it whereas the Dragons were not ruthless enough.

The U13s were awarded a walk over against Bessingby away who could not field a team.  Only the Dragons inner circle know if this was a blessed relief or thwarted opportunity. One’s lips are sealed.

The U14s lost to Forest United away in a tremendous demonstration of bravery in the face of adversity. The Dragons were missing key players due to injury and then to compound matters it was half term with holiday absences.  Some counselled to withdraw from an unequal contest but the brave Dragons refused to be cowed. They lost but in doing so showed the world how to cope in adversity.

The U15Bs drew 3-3 with Larkspur Rovers away.  On a wild and blustery day in Northolt it was yet another slow start, which saw the Dragons go one nil down to the league leaders within  4 minutes. The Dragons restored parity and continued to press but against the run of play Larkspur scored to make it 2-1 at half time. Larkspur were the quicker to the restart and scored yet again. The Dragons fought hard against the wind to pull it back to 2-3 and then 3-3 in the very last minute of the game. Overall a great performance.

The U15As lost 2-8 away with many of their key players missing. The Dragons 1st choice keeper was on holiday and then their  2nd choice keeper was injured during the game which required hospital treatment. The Dragons kept going to the end however and scored 2 late goals.

The Reserves Dragons beat Brentham 1-0 at home in the 1st round of the Cup in a very tough match. The Dragons laboured against the wind  in the first half defending well to make it 0-0 at half time. Within 2 minutes of the restart an ex Dragon youth player scored the brilliant decisive  goal to win the match. The Reserves remain unbeaten and even more miraculously still have a clean sheet.

The Firsts lost 0-2 to CB Hounslow away.  The Dragons started well with several early chances, including a 30 yard shot which was judged offside. CB resorted to using the wind with long passing opening up the Dragons defence to score. Minutes from the end the Dragons rather unwisely tried to play the ball from the back but were caught to conceded a late second goal.