Kensington Dragons FC Results W/E 8 October 2017

Fellow Dragons

It was the youngsters who led the way this week:

The new U11s beat Parkfield away 5-3 in a game of pulsating energy and great gaol keeping at either end*. This was only the Dragons second match but already signs of shape, resilience and pure talent are showing through. The Dragons went 0-1 down before clawing back to 1-1 and then it was end to end energetic football to the final whistle and historic first win

The new U11 Girls trained in preparation for next week’s home match against Hampstead Rubies

The U12s beat Brentham 3-2 away after overturning a 0-2 score line to go on and win in a highly entertaining game. Great resilience was shown by the whole team.

The U13s had no match but instead trooped off to Wembley to offer advice to England on winning. It took some time for the advice to filter through but finally at the end the winning goal was scored.

U14’s beat Pitshanger 4-2 at Home. This was a solid Dragons performance against a team where drama ensues at every encounter. This fixture was no different and fireworks flew but a developing Dragons squad contained a team that had won 5-0 on their last outing.

The U15As beat Whetstone Wanderers at home 6-4 in the Middlesex Cup in extra time*.  After going down 3 -0 in the first half the Dragons came back out with purpose to score 3 well deserved goals and it was on to extra time. The Dragons scored 3 more goals from a penalty and two spectacular team goals to win a great match.

 The U15Bs beat Harefield Utd  3-2 away in the Middlesex Cup*. The Dragons trekked to rural Middlesex for the match to find it wasn’t just the surroundings that were agricultural. Harefield certainly weren’t exponents of ticky-tacky football. Route one to their stocky bulldozer of a striker was their game plan and it worked. Yet again the Dragons conceded first but showed great grit and team spirit to fight back twice to secure the victory despite the efforts of the quite abysmal referee who was too unfit to keep up with play and missed a horrendous challenge on the Dragons  centre back,  leaving him hospitalised with a collarbone broken in 2 places.

The U18s lost 1-3 to Acton Ealing Whistlers at home  in the Middlesex Cup. This was a subpar performance from the Dragons who conceded 2 penalties as the overzealous ref contributed to a stop/start game to prevent the Dragons getting into their normal passing rhythm

The Firsts lost 2-4 away to Cricklewood Wanderers. The Dragons were dominant in the first half but conceded 2 offside goals due in part  to the League not appointing linesmen. A good start in the second half saw the Dragons pull level to 2-2 before being undone by a long ball that should have been flagged offside.

The Reserves beat CB Hounslow at home 3-0. The Dragons started well and took the lead after 10 minutes and then kept attacking but once again could not place the ball at the back of the net.  Three minutes before half time the Dragons scored once again leading to a confident second half. It is now two games,  two wins and two clean sheets from the Dragons.