Results W/E 15 April 2018

Fellow Spring Loving Dragons

As the sun shone the pitches remained soggy leading the Council to cancel some games:

The Girls beat Ickenham 9-0 away. The Dragons scored within five minutes and then another from a free kick before a great shot gave them their third.  At half time the Dragons were 5-0 up. There was no relaxing in the second half as the Dragons pummelled home another 4 goals to record a fanatic 9-0 win.  

The U11s just lost 2-3 in a thrilling encounter to St Lawrence at home. The Dragons let in an early goal before pulling back to lead 2-1 before St Lawrence rather cruelly equalised to make it 2-2 at half time. There then followed a freak gaol when St Lawrence booted the ball up in the air from the half way line and were awarded with it miraculously floating from the sky to land in the top of the Dragons net  to win the match.

The U12s just lost 3-4 away to Hanwell Town in the group stages of the Cup. The Dragons played reasonably well in the first half but without the necessary intensity to actually score goals and to the despair of all were 0-3 down at half time. All seemed lost. Back on the pitch the Dragons again played reasonably well but this time with added intensity until suddenly it was 3-3 to the Dragons massed fans delighted surprise. Alas a set piece corner let the Dragons down and St Lawrence recorded a lucky goal to win.

The U13s lost 1-3 to St Josephs in the League Challenge Cup after having their home match switch to away with St Marks closed. Some holiday absences combined with the unsettling unexpected surroundings damped the Dragons performance.  

The U14s beat Hanwell Town 3-1 away. The Dragons were bruised from their previous encounter, where appalling and partisan refereeing cost them the match that they had dominated. This was an opportunity to settle footballing scores. At half time it was 1-1 with neither side giving way. Then, after the break, the Dragons switched up a gear to finished 3-1 victors. A good, solid victory by a team that has bonded very well.

The U15As were awarded a win against  Wealdstone  in the League Challenge Trophy as Wealdstone could not raise a team

The U15Bs could not play their match against Hillingdon Youth as St Marks had been closed off.

The U18s beat Old Actonians 4-3 in the League Challenge Trophy Group stage. On a pitch not conducive to supporting the Dragons passing style they had to battle every minute of the match and went behind early but settled into the game to be 3-1 up at the break. The Dragons then let the OAs  back into the game before restoring their  2 goal cushion but, like a pesky Jack Russell, the 0As would not give in and a fine shot found the Dragons net to make it 4-3 with 10 Mins to go. The Dragons showed great maturity to see out the remaining minutes to record 2 wins from 2 matches in their group

The First Team just lost 2-3 to  Assyria FC in the Alec Smith Cup semi-final. After a very tense start Assyria scored from a counter attack only for the Dragons to respond with a headed goal from a corner. Assyria drew a dubious penalty from a challenge which was outside of a vaguely marked penalty box and narrowly despatched it. The Dragons then forced the play  to also be awarded  a free kick  which was duly dispatched. In the second half, at 2-2, both teams had several opportunities but could not score and with the game seemingly destined for a penalty shootout a last minute mistake found the Assyrian striker who scored to win. O cruel world.

The Reserves were awarded 3 points as South Kilburn defaulted the match