Kensington Dragons Results W/E 28 October 2018

Fellow Wintry Dragons

The Firsts lost 0-2 in the Premiership at home to the League Leaders St Panteleimon. The Dragons started well, despite missing their goalkeeper, and it was 0-0 at half time. In the 70th min the Dragons defence alas made one mistake leaving the St Panteleimon striker with a 1 on 1 with the stand in goalie to give them a lead. Two minutes later St Panteleimon scored again;  despite being offside. The Dragons were ambitious to the end but just could not come back

The Reserves drew 2 – 2 with LNER away. The Dragons had a good first half and were 2-0 up, despite having one goal disallowed and 3 more clear chances squandered. The second half started well but the Dragons did not take their opportunities to finish off LNER.  With two Dragons players being injured LNER managed to get one goal back before scoring again in the 95th min. Shame the whistle did no go at 94 minutes.

The U16 Reds drew 3 – 3 with Celtic away. After going 3-0 up, with only 15 minutes to go, the Dragons contributed to their downfall as they then conceded three sloppy goals. There has been a drop in form for the Dragons the last two games  but their fans are sure they will come back stronger next week. 

The U16 Whites walloped Pinner United 6-0 at home. With a depleted squad due to half term absentees, the Dragons were apprehensive about facing a team they had only managed to draw with a few weeks ago when they had had a full squad players to choose from. The Dragons fans needn’t have worried. Early nerves were calmed when the Dragons scored in the opening 3 minutes, with a deft, glancing header from a corner. From then on the Dragons never looked back and simply swept the visitors aside with a commanding display to register their third consecutive win in all competitions. Six different Dragons got their names on the scoresheet but most pleasing of all was that elusive clean sheet, the first of the season.

The U15s walloped Concorde Rangers 11 – 3 away. There was no stopping the Dragons this week as they powered Concorde aside to record a thumping win

The U14s just lost 1-2 at home to v St Joseph’s. The Dragons started well but did not capitalise on their great scoring opportunities. St Josephs would have been content with a draw but in the second half they upped their game and scored a really good goal from a corner, with the wind assisting. The Dragons made a few changes and with the athleticism and speed of their striker scored a magnificent goal! The Dragons then began to lose their concentration,  missed open goals and started bickering which did not help. There were no more goals and St Josephs had won.

The U13 boys just lost 2-3 to Wealdstone at home. The Dragons were without their first (and only) goalie but came back from 0-1 down to lead 2 – 1 at half time. Wealdstone pulled back to tie 2 – 2 and then late in the match were awarded a second penalty. The fill in Dragons keeper made an incredible save but Wealdstone managed to put in the rebound to win.

The U13 Girls had no match

The U12s lost 2-6 away to Hanwell Town. Hanwell were a well drilled, skilful and organised opposition. The Dragons put on a brave face and gave a gutsy performance but it was not enough to contain Hanwell. There were some good  individual Dragons performances, notably from the goalkeeper whose outstanding efforts helped to keep the Dragons in the game and the score-line respectable.

The U11 boys lost 1-3 away to Old Actonian’s whose youthfulness belied their name. The Dragons were severely depleted against the OAs who had been playing together for a number of years. The Dragons fans feared the worst and then, when at 0-3 down, their goalie had to go off injured it seemed worse was to come.  The Dragons U11s are no ordinary team however and they rallied magnificently to score and get back into the game. Luck was on the OA’s side however as the Dragons could not quite get the ball back into their net again – despite some blistering attacks.

The U11 Girls had  no match