Kensington Dragons Results W/E 12 November 2017

Fellow Frozen Dragons

The icy wind from Iceland failed to dent the Dragons as:

The U18s just lost 0-1 at home to Pinner United. Despite playing into the wind in the first half and being forced into a rear guard action, the Dragons defence was breached only once. Unfortunately in the second half the Dragons just could not take advantage with the wind in their favour despite a thunderbolt shot that rocked Pinners Crossbar. So near but so far.

The U15As just lost to Park View Rangers 3-4 away in the Middlesex Cup. The Dragons had a tough test against the premiership team but started well taking an early lead only for Rangers to head in the equaliser. The Dragons regained the lead through an own goal but two quick Rangers goals meant they were losing 2-3 at half time. The Dragons regrouped,  changed formation and scored an early second half goal to draw level and then held on until a  goal from the Rangers striker sealed their fate.

The U15Bs beat Old Iselworthians 8-5 away in the Middlesex Cup. The Dragons picked up where they left off last week by getting off to a good start and scoring within the first ten minutes and it was one-way traffic from then on. But the team with the longest name in the Surrey Youth League drew level with a goal that even the guys in the cafe 200 yards away could see was offside. Undeterred the Dragons went about their business to secure safe passage through to the next round of the cup.

 The U14s trounced Princes Park 6-3 at a home with player Max, aged 13, acting as caretaker manager to retain his 100% record as the Dragons vie for a shot at the top.

 The U13s lost 1-4 away to top placed Parliament Hill. From the off the Dragons pressed having to not only to cope with the formidable Parliament side, but also with the young, inexperienced ref, their linesman and inhospitable opposition parents. Within 10 minutes of the start a beautiful pass to the Dragons striker meant that they were 1-0 up. Alas mistakes at the back and unhelpful refereeing decisions then cost the Dragons dearly!

The U12s just lost excitingly 4-5 to Chiswick at home. As in previous matches the Dragons went 0-2 down before getting back into the match. History was almost made as the Dragons pulled back from sure defeat to being poised to win. Alas it was not to be but the massed fans had had their money’s worth in terms of entertainment

The New U11s lost 2-4 to Foxes. The Dragons have the talent but not all have yet to grasp the fact that a good pass is better than a 50 metre dribble before losing the ball. It is only now a matter of time before the Dragons beat all-comers.

The Girls lost 2-5 to Camden in the Cup. Many fans remarked how resilient the Dragons were in fighting back from a possible large loss to scoring twice in the last 10 mins. It is early days

The Reserves just lost 1-2  to New Queens Park at home.  Local Derby’s are always exciting and this was no exception.  The Dragons started carefully keeping the ball and moving forward. Queens Park however took their first chance and scored. Five minutes later the Dragons had equalized. The disaster came in the last kick of the 1st half as Queens Park counter attacked and kicked the ball into the box with no real hope but a Dragons defender put it into the back of the net! The Dragons dominated the second half but Queens Park defended very well to keep their lucky lead.

The First team lost 2-3 to Indian Gymkhana away. From the outset the Dragons outplayed Gymkhana who were only saved by their keeper before a twist of fate lead to a long pass to Gymkhana’s right winger who cleverly squared the ball back to their striker to score. Another long pass to the edge of the box confused the Dragons resulting in them giving away a penalty which was magnificently saved – only for the Dragons to react slowly allowing the Gymkhana midfield player to score. After half time the Dragons quickly got back into their stride with a thunderous shot from 25 yards to make it 1-2 and then 2-2. Finally at 80 minutes gone Gymkhana won a free kick 35 yards out, the ball was not totally cleared and their midfield player struck and it deflected passed the Dragons Keeper.