Kensington Dragons Results W/E 19 November 2017

In the autumnal sun the Dragons played tense exciting football:

The Girls team beat Ruislip Blue 1-0 at home in a superb match. There were many goal scoring opportunities and some heart stopping near misses for both sides but, as the final whistle drew closer, the Dragons finally managed to score and then hang on to record a fantastic win.

The First Team had no match

The Reserves beat South Kilburn 4-0 at home. After a couple of unexpected close defeats it was time for the Dragons to get back onto the winning track which they did with panache. They scored on the 20 minutes mark and then again to lead 2-0 at half time. With all the substitutes used the Dragons dominated the second half to record a great win

The U18s were robbed 3-4 away Hanwell Town. The Dragons played great counter attacking football and deservedly raced to a 3-1 lead but a couple of mistakes allowed Hanwell to cut the lead to 2-3 at the half. An own goal from a corner then allowed Hanwell to draw level before the Dragons thought they had re-taken the lead after a great shot hit the back of the net only for the ref to bow to pressure and give offside — having first awarded the goal. Unbelievable! The Dragons kept on pressing but a last minute breakaway gave Hanwell the win.

The U15As beat previously undefeated Belmont 4-2.  After good training sessions in the week, the Dragons were ready for the challenge and had earnt two converted penalties and a goal against Belmont’s one gaol by halftime. After the break Belmont came out stronger, scoring an early goal and applying more pressure. The Dragons defence stayed resolute however and indeed they scored again via a free kick. A great win.

The U15Bs beat Greenford Celtic 3-0 at home. The Dragons struggled to break down the stubborn visitors and it was 0-0 at the break due to the Celtic keeper pulling off save after save to keep them in the game. It took an exquisite free kick to break the deadlock just after half time. After that the Dragons looked comfortable and could have added more to the 3-0 score line.

The U14s lost to undefeated Forest United at home as the two teams dominating the division fought it out for top spot. Unfortunately the Dragons succumbed through huge bad luck but remain in the number two slot. For many watching this was the Dragons best match of the season

The U13s lost 0-3 to Bessingby Park at home. As Churchill said in a similar situation “Want of foresight, unwillingness to act when action would be simple and effective, lack of clear thinking, confusion of counsel until the emergency comes, until self-preservation strikes its jarring gong – these are the features which constitute the endless repetition of history.” There must be no repetition as the Dragons seek to return to their winning ways next week.

The U12s agonisingly lost 2-3 in the last seconds to London Eagles at home. In the opening minutes the Eagles scored and looked like they would repeat their sound win of a few weeks back. The Dragons however soon equalised & went on to dominate the half scoring again to lead 2-1 at half time. The second half was expected to be tough & it was exactly that. The Dragons were resolute and kept the Eagles at bay right until the end when not only did they equalise but then managed to get a winner with the last kick of the game. A tragedy, but a tremendous performance from the Dragons.

The U11s drew 3-3 against Wembley away in the most tense of encounters.  The match ebbed to and fro with the Dragons getting better as it progressed. At 2-2 with minutes to go Wembley scored and the massed Dragon fans thought all was over. The players however are made of sterner stuff and as the seconds ticked by staged a tremendous comeback to score the decisive goal even as the ref put the whilstle to his lips. It may have been a draw but to both teams it seemed like a Dragons win.