Kensington Dragons W/E 24th March 2019

Fellow Dragons

The sun shone on the ever-resilient Dragons as they prospered whilst clubs with better facilities floundered:

The U11 Boys beat Kodak 5-0 at home to record at least their 12th win in a row. This was a close match in the first half and for much of the second, but Kodak eventually wilted and by the end were happy for the final whistle to blow. The Dragons cannot expect to win every match so eventually there will be a reverse, but possibly not this season.    

The U11 Girls beat Kinja 4-0 away. The Dragons again began in their usual attacking mode, determined to keep their winning streak going.  At half time they were 2-0 up and feeling confident.  The half time talk motivated the Dragons to dig even deeper and to step up their performance, which they duly did. Excellent team work was soon rewarded with a third goal. The Dragons dominated and never looked like losing in a fantastic performance.  

U12s drew 3-3 with ruthless top of the table Polish United, who have the temerity to also call themselves the Dragons. On the beautiful sunny, spring morning the Dragons fans politely wished their team well whilst the more robust opposition became increasingly frustrated at their inability to win. The match seemed destined to go against Kensington Dragons, but they kept their composure, refused to wilt and fought back to gain a rightly deserved point.

The U13 Boys thrashed London Athletic 8-0 away in the Trophy Cup. The Dragons put in one of their most clinical performances as the weeks of practicing distributing wide, to cross back into the box, paid off with some brilliant finishes.   The Dragons also scored from an incredible strike from outside the box, whilst managing to keep a clean sheet with an impressive last-minute header by the centre back to clear his line.  One more win should send the Dragons into the semi-finals.  

The U13 Girls just lost 1-2 away to top of the league Stoke Newington. The Dragons scored early and managed to keep the lead until half time despite several opportunities on both sides, in a very pleasant and open game. During the second half Stoke pushed and scored from afar to equalise. The Dragons eventually lost the game in the last minute through a controversial goal. The return match on May 11th promises to be fierce ! 

The U14s beat Brook House 3-0 at home in the Trophy Cup.  Brook House were one of the few teams they had lost against in the league and the Dragons knew they had to demonstrate why they are serious contenders to win the league. It was 0-0 at half time despite both teams having scoring opportunities. The second half was more physical,  but with tactical changes the Dragons dominated to score 3 stunning goals, including a header!

The U15’s beat Hanwell 5-1 away in the Trophy Cup. The Dragons were badly in need of a win and, having been beaten by Hanwell 0-3 a few weeks ago, were expecting a tough match. The Dragons had nothing to lose and made quick work of a stunned opposition thanks, in large part, to a brilliant display of quick passing and a hat trick. 

U16s Reds beat Wealdstone 2-1 at home in the Trophy Cup.  The Dragons knew that a win was needed to progress to the quarter finals. The game was finely poised as both teams had beaten each other once this season. It started off scrappily, with no team making the best of clear cut chances until the Dragons calmly slotted home. At half time the Dragons were told to keep the ball on the ground. All was going well when a shocking decision awarded Wealdstone a converted penalty. The Dragons drew a deep collective breath and soon regained the lead and then saw the game out with some good saves from their stand-in goalkeeper.

 The U10s trained in preparation for joining the League next season

The Firsts had no match

 The Reserves had no match