First Team press on in title bid

Kensington Dragons 3 v 1 West London Saracens

With seven games to go, the title run in is heating up week by week and with the Reserves in a cup final later in the evening the First team looked to start the winning trend. This was a difficult fixture for Dragons on paper as a resurgent WLS showed signs of the form that saw them win and draw against the Dragons last season. A determined start to the game by the hosts gave an indication that this was set to change, good interplay in the opposition’s half and good pressure off the ball was what would have been requested. With the defence having little to do other than start a new attack on the twenty minute mark the WLS danger man picked the ball up and fashioned a shooting chance on the edge of the area and what a shot. It arrowed to the top corner and the Dragons goalie could only slow it down on its way in. So against the run of play Dragons had to find the finishing touch that denied them the lead.  Nalu Moso the most lively of the Dragons forwards earned a free-kick and his resulting effort looked perfect until it hit the bar and over. This was the nudge needed and with better play developing WLS conceded another free-kick this time Nalu Moso’s strike was clean and true as it whistled into the net. It would be Nalu Moso who had the best chance to give Dragons the lead at the break but his shot went straight to the keeper. Going into the wind but with the sun to their backs Dragons knew only a win would do. It was this hunger and determination that created the second goal as Nalu Moso and Soussi both chased lost causes to force an error and Soussi made no mistake with his finish. With what was a good moment for the Dragons some neat play on the halfway line set Soussi away again though this time he was not as clinical and his rebounded shot came to Nalu Moso who’s attempt was blocked but fortunately the ball fell nicely to Soussi who rolled the ball into a vacant net and was judged on side by the referee who overruled the opposition linesman. The final moments of the game was about being resolute and Dragons were able to come through unscathed and gain a valuable three points.