Reserves held away to Pitshanger

Pitshanger Dynamo Reserves 1 v 1 Kensington Dragons Reserves

After a few weeks without a league game and with a great result in the last away match in mind, Dragons came to Pitshanger Dynamo FC. With a few new faces in the team. David Hills took his place in goal after a 3 month absence, Lamelle Williams started as an attacking-minded midfielder and Emmanuelle Alexander as a holding midfielder and Tom Madden and Jon Malone in from the First Team squad looking to regain some form.

Dragons started slowly and were surprised by their well organised opponents. The team continued to sit back and tried to attack on the break. It was not easy to beat Pitshanger’s organised positions at this stage of the game, however the team created a few chances for Andrew Scheck, Tom Madden and Elhabib Oumar. The Coach made a small adjustment after 25 minutes of the game with Andrew and Lamelle taking wider positions leaving Madden in the hole behind the striker. This movement gave Dragons more options up front. A soft foul in the middle area gave Dragons a free kick. Tom Madden crossed the ball into the box which dropped just in front of Elhabib who scored the first goal of the afternoon. The last 20 minutes of the 1st half save very little of interest and with Dragons defending well, they went in 0-1 at the break.

During the half time, all felt the next goal would be important in such a tight game. Pitshanger tried to score as quick as possible after the restart but the defending players did their job properly again. 25min before the final whistle and the ball was played to Elhabib who made an individual run. He stopped in the box where he was felled by one of the Pitshanger centre back and the ref blew for a penalty for Dragons. Unfortunately Tom  Madden who had not missed from the spot all season, saw his shot saved and that vital chance for the second goal, missed.

A few minutes later and the opponents won a corner kick. A cross straight into the box, soft touch by an attacker and the ball found its way into the net. 1-1 and 15 minutes to go. Dragons made two changes from the bench. Tom and Lamelle replaced by Jamanhi Henry and Matt Finch. Unfortunately the team lost its attacking pace but remained focused on counterattacking. 5 minutes to go and Dragons had 2 chances to win the game. Firstly Elhabib in a 3 v 1 situation kicked straight into the goalie instead of making the pass to a teammate and then after a cross into the box, he shot only for the opponent keeper to tip the ball onto the crossbar.

It was great to come back into the league competition and the team showed great attitude but unfortunately in this game, luck was against the Dragons. Great play from Elhabib Who scored the goal and won a penalty making him a Man of the Match.