Results W/E 1 December 2019

As the cold bites Dragons dream of warmer times, but keep going – it’s not long to the Christmas break and then the warmth of spring will soon creep up on us. For inspiration we should look at the U13s who, after their fair share of footballing disasters, have come through magnificently:

The Firsts drew 3-2 away with 2nd placed Cricklewood in a great game.  The Dragons started well to take the lead in the 10th minute from a header.  The second half was an emotional affair. The Dragons conceded from a penalty and then two minutes later they conceded again. The Dragons showed great character to turn the game around by scoring twice to lead 3-2 up to the 95th min. In the last kick of the game Cricklewood equalised and the game was over. Annoying but it had been a great game.

The Reserves match was called off due to pitch conditions

The New U11 Boys lost to Wealdstone away. The Dragons started well then faded before playing more consistently in the second half. The challenge is to keep going and not to express unhappiness with one’s footballing colleagues when matters do not go exactly to plan.

The U12s just lost 2-3 away to Pro FA. The Dragons got off to a flying start, scoring the opening goal in the first few minutes.  An unfortunate penalty led to an equaliser, with Pro FA scoring a second goal shortly afterward.  Undeterred the plucky Dragons pressed on and were rewarded with a fine goal bringing the scores level at 2-2.  Sadly, the Dragons were unable to maintain the pressure, and Pro FA snatched the winning goal.   

The U13s thrashed West Drayton 13-0 at home. The Dragons were raring to go after an excellent warm up and scored four goals in under 20 minutes. It was Dragons fun all round as they added two more goals before the stroke of half time.  At the restart, the Dragons retained their intensity and it was good to see Dragons scoring their first goals. This was an excellent performance but, as the Manger said, “we know it’s not a sprint but a marathon, so we keep on going till the end!”

The U14 Boys drew 2-2 against Old Actonians away. The Dragons were overconfident facing the near bottom of the League Old Actonians.  A lethargic start and an incredible strike from the opposing striker put the Dragons down in the first 15 minutes. The equalising goal came shortly after as the opposition produced another fine finish to take the lead.  There were excellent chances in the second half for both sides, but the game ended with a 2 – 2 draw. 

The U16s had no match and read improving books.

The U17s just lost 1-2 to Hendon away in the League Cup quarter final. The Dragons took an early lead but were second best for the rest of the half, conceding twice before the break. The Dragons pushed on in the second but failed to find the equaliser. This was their first loss this season. Next week it is on to the QF of the Middlesex cup.

The U17 Whites lost 1-4 away against the Eagles.

The New U11 Girls just lost to Alexandra Park North at home. The Dragons fell behind early, conceding two goals in rapid succession early on.  By half time they were down more than planned as a well drilled Alexandra Park side dominated, both in terms of possession and shots on goal. The Dragons regrouped at half time to concede far fewer goals but without managing to score.

The U12 Girls lost 2-6 away to Islington Borough Ladies. The Dragons played an improved game,  despite their second loss to this well established and disciplined team.  They created chances to score but unfortunately a penalty and two unlucky deflections left them a little deflated.  

The U14 Girls lost 2-5 to Ruislip Rangers away. This was quite a heavy pitch for the Dragons due the preceding rainfall earlier in the week. The Dragons have become accustomed to the well-drained pitch at St Marks.

The U10s trained as they prepare to be entered in the League