Results W/E 8 December 2019

As the General Election and the Christmas break hurtle towards us the Dragons were inspired by the U12 Boys:  

The Firsts beat Hillingdon 3-1 at home. The Dragons did not start well with Hillingdon scoring an early goal. They did however show great character to come back and score twice before half time. The second half was a crazy affair with the Dragons controlling the game to draw ahead to 3-1 only for the referee to award Hillingdon 2 penalties in the last ten minutes. It was a time of rising emotions. Fortunately for the Dragons neither were converted. There was a great atmosphere as the Dragons secured this important 3 points.

The Reserves just lost 0-1 away to LPOSSA in the Cup. This was a difficult match for the Dragons who went a goal down through a mistake. From then on, the Dragons had opportunities to score but could not take their chances. 

The New U11 Boys improved considerably to just lose to Ruislip Rangers at home. Back in September the Dragons had played Rangers in their first ever match and had had an exceptionally tough time. They have learnt their lessons in the ensuing couple of months and caught up considerably. A good Dragons effort.

The New U11 Girls had no match

The U12s Boys thrashed London Eagles away 12-0. This was an extraordinary result.  It was only a few weeks ago that the Dragons were learning to cope with  beeing promoted to a higher division. In short, the Dragons were magnificent. They have weathered the footballing storm to claw their way back on top in great style.

The U12 Girls had no match

The U13s had no match

The U14 Boys lost away to Wealdstone. This was a tough match with Wealdstone being the League Leaders. To compound matters the Dragons goalie had a last-minute injury so a brave Dragon had to fill in. It was tough but the Dragons kept going to the end. 

The U14 Girls lost 1-3 away against the Broomwood Vixens. This was a fantastic result for the Dragons who were a player down. It was tight for the first 20 mins before the Dragons broke the deadlock from a handball outside the area. Up stepped the Dragons captain to skilfully place the ball through the players and underneath a defender’s leg to score with 10 mins to go in the first half.  Sadly, the Dragons failed to hold onto the lead as Broomwood equalised straight-away with a lucky goal. Broomwood took the lead 7 minutes into the second half, as they broke away to hit the Dragon’s defence with lightning speed before their third followed straight after with a great solo goal from their player-of-the-match: she picked the ball up from the halfway line; danced around the Dragons and smashed it high into the net. 

The U16s lost 1- 4 away to Hendon. After the excitement of the last couple of matches it was back to character building.  

The U17 Reds lost 1- 2 to Northwood U18s in the Middlesex Cup. An early slip up gave Northwood the lead. The Dragons could not get a foothold on a tricky home pitch nor make their possession count with not many chances for both teams. A good test for the Dragons against an older team who won their league last year.

U17 Whites lost 1- 4 against Hendon away. This was a credible result for the Dragons who had ten men, playing against a strong wind in the first half with a makeshift goalie. Eventually the wind and extra man took their toll to Hendon’s advantage. A Dragons penalty in the first minute was their only reward. The Dragons dominated possession and territory in the second half and played some very good football but alas Hendon’s keeper was having a very good day. This was not a bad score line against a team flying high in the league.

The U10s trained as they prepare to be entered in the League