Results W/E 18th October 2020

A tremendous weekend left our Seniors and Boys’ youth teams undefeated. Particular acclaim must go to our U14 Boys who overcame huge adversity to win a stunning victory:

The Blues beat Sudbury Court away 4-1. From the first kick the Dragons dominated, playing silky 1-2 touch football to the confusion of Sudbury and were deservedly 2-1 up at the break.  Back on the pitch the Dragons scored again before  complacency crept in and as they needlessly forced situations, allowing Sudbury to catch them on the break. The Dragons defence however held firm, allowing the Dragons to score again. The Blues are developing into a superb team, with just the right combination of youth and experience.

The Firsts v CB Hounslow at home was postponed as the Council closed LCS for safety reasons.

The U11 Boys beat Acton Ealing Whistlers 3-1 at home in their second ever match. The rate of improvement of the Dragons was quite breath-taking. They began well, attacking AEW with good combination play which lead to a converted penalty  –  their first ever goal; this was soon followed by a beautifully curled shot into AEW’s top corner to make it 2-0. The second half started with both sides making mistakes and creating opportunities. The Dragons were unfortunate when their defender sliced the ball to score an own goal. AEW then scored a great equalizer to make it 2-2 with 15 tense minutes left. The Dragons kept their nerve and scored twice more to record their first win  in their first season. 

The U11 Girls lost 1- 3 away to Broomwood. This was a much better performance when compared to that of last week. One training session had made a huge difference. Wins may well be on the horizon.

The U12 Girls lost away against Most Wanted Elite. The Dragons put in a spirited, committed performance, but lost their away match against the seasoned MWEs. The Dragons fought hard and defended well, particularly in the second half. They pushed forward into MWE’s area but, despite a number of attempts on goal, were not able to convert their chances. 

The U12 Boys walloped Harrow St Mary 5-0 at home. The Dragons started strongly to score an early goal but which was judged marginally offside. The breakthrough came from some well worked passing and movement to put the Dragons ahead. A second came shortly after, just before half time. After the restart The Dragons started strongly and took control of the game to score three more. The Dragons were visibly growing in confidence and could have scored more if it wasn’t for St Mary’s impressive keeper. A great team performance all round. 

The U13 Girls lost 1-5  to Islington Borough at home.  The Dragons started in control but without creating much. Against the run of play Islington scored from a cross from the right. The Dragons continued to have good possession but alas conceded twice more before  pulling one back from a deflected clearance. Islington went in 1-4 up at half time with a good shot from the edge of the box. Again the Dragons controlled the majority of the second half but were unable to score. Islington were awarded a penalty late on to end the game 1-5.

The U13 Boys beat Super Skills 5-3 away in a tremendous performance. There were many pre-match logistical manoeuvrings required to achieve the challenge of getting the depleted Dragons team to the away stadium. Having arrived there remained the challenge of actually playing the match. The Dragons took a deep collective breath, strode onto the pitch and proceeded to give their all as they faced a confident Super Skills with their deep bench. As is often the case true grit won through and the Dragons recorded a great win in this well natured match.

 The U14s beat Elite London 3-1 away in the match of the season.  The Dragons pitted their resolute 9 PLAYERS against a very good ELA team. This was a local derby full of huge surprises. The Dragons started on the front foot to the surprise of Elite’s massed fans. The Dragons pressure finally paid off with a penalty coolly converted by their captain. The second half started in a similar fashion which lead to two more Dragon goals.  Elite were then lucky to be awarded a dubious penalty which the keeper almost saved but for a bump on the pitch that thwarted his brave attempt. With 15 minutes left the Dragons 10th player finally arrived to help see out a fantastic victory which will be remembered by this Dragons team for as long as they live. They have battled through losing a number of players to recording an almost unbelievable win against huge odds.

The U15 Girls had no match

The U15 Boys drew 1-1 with Harrow St Mary’s away. This was always going to be a tough match against undefeated Harrow St Marys. The Dragons withheld early pressure and managed to draw a penalty and convert to go up 1 – 0 at the half.  A second half equalizer by Harrow made for a tense last 15 minutes.  Then disaster struck with, it must be said, an unfair penalty being awarded against the Dragons …. only to have the Dragons goalie deny the Harrow captain with an incredible extended leg save to maintain the draw and 1 pt.  A very credible performance.

The U17s drew 3-3 away against Acton Ealing Whistlers. This was a very encouraging display from the Dragons who ended up drawing 3-3, having been up 2-0 just 20 minutes into the first half. It was disappointing to squander a strong lead but inspiring, considering that it was the Dragons goalie’s second ever match and they were missing three key players. The Dragons should draw some confidence from this outing.

The U18s match against Pitshanger was postponed as the Council closed LCS for safety reasons

The U10s trained