Update & Results W/E 13th December 2020

 With London in Tier 3 we must all be extra careful to continue to socially  distance. The Government’s ruling is however that outdoor organised football matches can continue. There is therefore one weekend left before we break for the Christmas / New Year break.

Results W/E 13th December:

The Firsts drew 3-3 with Indian Gymkhana away in the Premiership.  Despite the long break the Dragons played well, despite conceding an early goal, before equalising and playing fantastic football for the next 30 minutes. Two 2 clear chances should have put the Dragons in front but  it was Gymkhana who scored – twice! The second half was absolutely fantastic with the Dragons playing with passion as they camped in Gymkhana’s half to score twice to equalise. Unfortunately time prevented the elusive Dragons winning goal. 

The Blues lost 2-4 against Old Hat at home. This was one of those matches where the Dragons were not in peak condition

The U11 Boys played fantastically to beat Wealdstone 4-1 at home.  The teams had first met at the Dragons first ever match at the start of the season with predicable results.  Wealdstone arrived at St Marks confident of another win but were rocked back in their footballing socks by the focused professionalism of the Dragons who held them before then pulling ahead to secure an impressive win. What an improvement.  

The U11 Girls lost to Ashford Town in the League Cup. The Dragons showed flashes of brilliance but not quite enough to win against a good team.

The U12 Boys beat Samuri 4-3 away in the Middlesex Cup. The Dragons started strongly to take the lead early on before a lapse in concentration resulted in an equaliser just before half time. The Dragons showed great mental and physical strength to come out fighting and were rewarded with two great team goals from counter attacks. Despite a second Samuri goal, and a missed Dragons penalty, they pushed on to win by scoring a fourth just before conceding a consolation goal at the end. 

The U12 Girls lost away to QPR in the Middlesex Cup. The Dragons girls put up a brave defensive effort with the whole team fending off wave after wave of QPR attacks. This left little opportunity for offensive breakouts.  It was a character building test against a well drilled team, perhaps the best one the Dragons have faced all year. 

The U13 Boys did not play

The 13 Girls beat Hampstead 4-2 at home in the League Cup.  The first half was very tight with Hampstead scoring first from a defensive error. The Dragons regrouped to equalise before Hampstead took the lead again. The Dragons dug deep to come back 2-2 before finding another gear in the final 10 minutes to score twice more to reach the next round.

The U14s did not play

The U15 Boys had no match

The U15 Girls lost to Denham at home in the Middlesex Cup. The Dragons were missing players due to players isolating so agreed to play a smaller sided match with the opposition. The referee intervened to insist that Denham however field 11 players. Denham hammered at the depleted Dragons but Wow! on the 51st minute, the Dragons scored a goal from a break-away by the lone striker who danced around the back-four, took a shot in the penalty box, which was saved close-range by the keeper, but the ball luckily fell at the feet of a Dragon player who tapped it into the net.

The U17s did not play

The U18s trekked out to the Pinnstars ground only to have the referee to call off the match off due to a waterlogged pitch.

 The U10s trained