U15A away game blues

Harrow Youth League Division 3

Ickenham Youth 3 Vs 5 Kensington Dragons U15A

Abandoned after 70 mins

Scorers : Korey x 3, Dean, Pablo

MOM Korey

This match was never going to be easy as we were greeted with steady rain and a bogey smallish pitch and so it proved as the Dragons were unable to reach the heights they reached in last week’s game. We started ok with a couple of shots going narrowly wide and we tried to keep to our passing style of play against a packed Ickenham defense. Ironically its was direct football that led to the Dragons tacking the lead as a kick from our keeper Tom got Pablo in behind the Ickenham defence and Pablo finished clinically with a shot past their keeper.

Ickenham responded and equalised as we failed to clear the ball and it found its way to their forward free in the box and he converted the chance. The Dragons regained the lead as Bailey’s through ball found Korey who controlled the ball and slotted the ball into the net. Again the Dragons squandered their lead as conditions began to deteriorate and an Ickenham free kick slid past Tom our keeper into the net. The game became a bit of a stalemate as we started to struggle with the pitch and a congested midfield. Danny nearly scored with a header that went narrowly wide and the teams went into half time on level terms.

A stern team talk at halftime by Coach Dean saw the Dragons come out firing for the second half and soon regained the lead for a 3rd time as Dean Jnr hit a cracking 30 yarder that screamed into the Ickenham net. We now looked the better side and another Korey shot increased our lead and then completed his hat trick as a shot from Bailey was parried by their keeper back into the path of Bailey who passed the ball into the empty net. We gave Ickenham a life line as a goal mouth scramble led to a penalty which was converted giving Zac, now in goal, no chance.

A scrappy period of play then ensured with Ickenham trying to get themselves back into the game roared on by a partisan and vocal home support. This support boiled over as an on the field incident caused some overzealous home supporters to come on the field of play and despite both teams management and ref attempts to get the game restarted the ref abandoned the match with 10 mins to go.