Results W/E 11 March 2018

Fellow Spring Like Dragons

With the snow melted but the ground soggy most teams had a match:

The Reserves beat Ruislip Town 2-0 to reach the Cup Final.
The Dragons got off to a great start by scoring in the 6th minute and then created more chances to control the game whilst their goalie made ‘world class’ saves. The Dragons started well in the second half and in the 55th minute the referee sent off a Ruislip player for a very brutal foul. It was then a matter of seeing out the match and scoring one more before the end for the Dragons to reach the final. A great result.

The U18s drew 3-3 with the Spartans at home.
In this case however “Home” meant trudging down to Hurlingham Park to find no groundsman, no nets up,  pot holes in the pitch and long grass. After much toing and froing the match eventually started to end in a hard fought, exciting draw.

The U15As drew 2-2 with Pinner Albion at home.
After 4 weeks without a game the Dragons returned to action a little out of sorts but never the less opened the scoring to go 1-0 up which is where it stayed until half time. In the second half the Dragons doubled their lead but their lack of fitness contributed to conceding a goal from a corner. Disaster then struck when the Dragons keeper sustaining a nasty eye injury which required a visit to hospital.  Pinner kept pushing and although they missed a penalty, they equalised with a late goal.

The U15As beat Tufnell Park  5-2 away.
The first game back after a string of bad-weather postponements saw the Dragons brush Tufnell Park aside for a convincing victory despite going behind twice. Once the Dragons got their noses in front there was only going to be one outcome. The win was made even more impressive when one considers that the Dragons were missing key personnel.

The U14s lost 5-6 at home to the Explorers in a ding dong of  a match.
The pivotal goal came through a mistake by the referee –  whilst the Dragons were substituting players the ref allowed the Explorers to take a free kick which lead to an undefended goal.  After the match the ref acknowledged his mistake but did not appear to reverse his decision.

The U13s had no game

The U12s beat AFC Bushey 3-1 away.
The Dragons played well with good passing moves getting their forwards into space. AFC Bushey had their chances but were beaten by a better side

The U11s drew 4-4 away with Belmont in a sizzler of a match.
The Dragons glided down the hill in the first half to draw ahead 3-0. The only problem was that at the turn around it was Belmont’s turn to glide down the hill and score while the Dragons laboured up the hill to defend. It was then horror of horrors as Belmont drew ahead and there were fears that the Dragons might wobble in disappointment. All ended reasonably  well with the Dragons hauling themselves back up the hill to score the vital goal to draw level.

The Girls  lost at home to the well-established Stoke Newington.
The ground conditions were particularly challenging, with a couple of Dragons losing their football boots in the mud.  The Dragons were better in the second half with much tighter defending and attacking and more goals were saved than conceded. Despite a fantastic performance from the Dragons the final score was a 1-6 loss.