Results W/E 2nd May 2021

Another tremendous weekend with more Dragon goals (31 to 7) than rain showers in April.

Thank you everybody who has donated this season. For those parents and players who have not but would like to, please click the ‘Donate Now’ button. It cost around £250/player/season so any contribution, however large or small helps.

The Seniors beat London Titans 10-0 at home in a fine display from the start. The Dragons played beautifully and were clinical in front of goal to lead 3-0 at half time. The team was then “freshened up” as players had given 100% in the first half. With the changes the Dragons looked sharp again and re started with the bit between their goalscoring teeth to score another 7 goals. The Dragons are gelling and getting more confident by the week.

The U18s won without kicking a ball as Belmont forfeited the game as they did not have enough players.

The U17s walloped Pro FA 6-1 at home. The Dragons have been working hard to put the team together and it is now paying off. The match got underway in predictable form as Pro FA scored within a couple of minutes before the Dragons started to play. By half time the Dragons were 2-1 up and at the final whistle the score was 6-1 coming from two respective hat-tricks. The team has found its form and looks forward to a successful end of season.

The U15s Boys beat Celtic 4-1 away, as they took revenge after a bruising early season defeat. The first half was incredibly tense with three yellow cards issued in the first 15 minutes. The Dragons set the footballing tone with two early goals and then kept the pressure on to lead 4 – 1 at half time, powered by a hat trick by the number 10 which included two calmy taken penalties. The second half followed some intense ‘game management’ instructions by the Dragons coaching staff which were executed perfectly with no additional goals allowed.

The U15 Girls just lost 3-4 away to League Leaders Hampstead. The Dragons lined up with a 3-5-1 formation whilst Hampstead took the majority of the opening possession but missed their opportunities with countless offsides. Against the run of play the Dragons went 1-0 up 10 minutes before half time but only held the lead for a miserly 3 minutes before Hampstead scored to make it 1-1 on half time. Straight from the re-start a dipping shot from the Dragon’s leading scorer gave them a 2-1 lead. It would have been wise for the Dragons to then shut-up-shop with their shock lead but they went on to score yet again to lead 3-1. You could hear a pin drop as Hampstead were on the brink of collapsing but they were not going down without a fight as they picked the ball up in midfield to score from 15 yards out. The Dragons lacked the fitness to push Hampstead out of the encounter and allowed them to equalise before a weak effort rolled invitingly into the Dragons goal to win with 7 minutes left.

The U14 Boys had no game

The U13 Boys had no game

The U13 Girls had no game

The U12 Boys defeated Parkfield Youth Blue at home 1-0. The Dragons enjoyed good momentum in the first half and kept the opponent’s keeper busy stopping numerous goal efforts. The second half started off similarly, with the match becoming uncomfortably tense in the final minutes, as the Dragons triumphantly held on for the win.

The U12 Girls had no game so had a training session followed by a picnic in the park instead.

The U11 Boys beat Hanwell Town 5-0 at home. This was a tremendous performance from the Dragons who have gone from a group of excitable boys running around like ants chasing the ball to a disciplined, mature footballing team in a few short months.

The U11 Girls beat Limehouse Laces 2-1 away in back to back wins. The Dragons took an early lead which was lost just before half time when Limehouse equalised with the last kick of the half. The Dragons were so determined to get the next goal that they did so early into the second half. They were resolute throughout and held on to a 2-1 win.

The U10s trained before playing a friendly against the U11 Boys. Over the next couple of weeks they will be split into two groups so that we can begin to build the new U11s to be entered into the League next season.