Results W/E 3 December 2017

As the Christmas break looms even larger:

The Girls beat Actonians White 4-2 at home. This was a high tempo game with the Dragons finishing the first half two goals up.  Back on the pitch the pace was unrelenting with a third goal coming from a superb corner kick.  In true Dragons spirit the girls continued attacking whilst brilliantly defending and sheer determination was soon rewarded with a fourth goal. The Actonians scored two late goals.

The U11s were awarded a walkover as Hanwell could not field a team

The U12s beat Ickenham 2-1 away in a tense encounter. At half time it was still 0-0 as the two teams battled themselves almost to standstill. Finally in the second half the Dragons scored a cracker of a gaol to lead and then another to hammer home their superiority before a miss hit Ickenham corner bobbled along the ground to be deflected by a bump into the Dragons net.

 The U13s just lost 3-4 against league leaders Parliament Hill at home. Parliament Hill thought taking points from the Dragons would be easy but in the event they were lucky to win. Parliament scored first but less than a minute afterwards the Dragons equalised with brilliant goal. The pattern was then repeated – Parliament scoring only for the Dragons to pull back. Finally a catalogue of defensive errors and a poor clearance gave Parliament the edge.

The U14s  lost to higher placed Ruislip Rangers were in the Quarter Final of the League Cup.  This was a lack lustre display from the Dragons who could have done much better. Onwards and upwards.

The U15Bs beat Ruislip Town 3-2 at home. The Dragons came back from a goal down to dominate the match and could have served up a more convincing score line had it not been for some wayward speculative shooting. Worryingly the Dragons almost let Ruislip back in with a late scrappy goal.

The U15As beat Willesden Constantine 6-0 away. For the second week in a row, the Dragons came up against the tough and uncouth Willesden.  In the first half the Dragons scored early through a rebound and then doubled their lead with a superb volley from outside the box before adding a third on the counter attack. Willesden came back fighting, almost literally, but the Dragons soaked up even more pressure and again hit Willesden on the counter attack, scoring a brilliant  fourth goal before Willesden defensive errors lead to a fifth . Finally with the last kick of the game the Dragons headed in the sixth.  A great performance.

 The U18s did not play.

 The Reserves beat South Kilburn 2-1 at home in the Jeff Nardin Cup. The Dragons started well, albeit with no recognised goalie, to take the lead after 10 minutes. Just before half time Kilburn scored from a corner kick to equalise. Substitutions reenergised the Dragons and finally 15 minutes before the final whistle the vital goal came to put the Dragons through to the quarter-final.

The Firsts lost 1-3 away to Lampton Park. The Dragons dominated the first half to lead 1-0 at the break. Forced substitutions then changed the whole face of the game leading to Lampton equalising before disorganisation forced a second quick goal. Poor decision making lead to a free kick outside the Dragons box, the sending off of a Dragon and a conceded goal.